Your Smiles Make Me Smile

If you really want to get the most out of my blog, it's best to start with the first post written in July to the present since some blogs refer back to earlier posts; but any order is just fine... Thanks for visiting! Now scroll on down to the good news! ~Renae~

Sunday, January 15, 2012

REINDEER REBELS

It started several years ago.  Humping reindeer.  Proudly, I had decorated my house for Christmas with vibrant red ribbon wrapped carefully around each post of my porch to simulate candy canes, I hung flickering clear lights along both top and bottom, circling the lights around the porch railing for added effect.  I added red bows for enhancement.  Then, as a final touch, I spent hours hooking up my moving reindeer, trying to figure which cord plugged into which and why when all the cords were plugged in only one of the reindeer was lit, only one moved it’s head, and there were left over cords with no place to connect. 

Year after year of head scratching and wondering if the neighbors were peeking through their blinds in judgment of my reindeer incompetence, I finally got smart.  I labeled each plug “A-E” with each counterpart labeled with the same letter.  I used indelible ink (smart girl that I am) so that it wouldn’t fade.  My plan worked, but then, eventually, half the light bulbs burned out.  Again, I used my good brain cells and outsmarted the “extra” bulbs that come in the little clear package with directions that can only be read by a 5x magnifying glass.  Really, I think it’s a conspiracy to make consumers feel embarrassed, and to ultimately throw away the “old” reindeer and buy new ones.  In the “Stott” family we have a saying…”Just because we’re paranoid, doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get us.”

So, I did what any intelligent girl would do, I bought an extra long strand of lights and wrapped the strand with reckless abandon throughout the deer, and tossed  away those cruel little "excess" bulbs.  Finally, I have the Christmas deer down to a science.  However, this is where the personality difference comes in between Richard and me.  He would have figured out how the little bulbs worked and used that 5x magnifying glass until he knew exactly which light was the faulty one and which to replace.  He would have been systematic.  Me, I just wrapped the lights here and there, randomly, and wherever I could find a spot to stick the extra strand.  Some of the reindeer have bald spots, I admit, but some of them have extra lights on their moving heads, which makes for a bright face.  It works for me, nevertheless.

But then one night, a few years ago, the unthinkable happened….Richard and I came home from Christmas shopping and what to our wandering eyes would appear?  The reindeer were humping!  I laughed so hard, I almost peed.  I thought it was a great prank.  I wished I had thought of it.  Then I was reminded of the pranks I pulled when I was young, and enjoyed living vicariously through whomever these neighborhood pranksters were…but unlike the pranks I pulled, there was no reason to call the police, and so I kept laughing. Richard, on the other hand, didn’t take it so well…he was appalled.  “What’s wrong with kids these days?”  He snapped.  I had to remind him of the unmentionable things he did which he seemed to have forgotten.  That’s still no excuse” he grumbled, sounding like my father.

Every year I have looked forward to the laughter brought on by the sneaky neighborhood pranksters, knowing they find delight in humping reindeer, only this year, something strange happened.  First, the reindeer were atop one another (humping), and I set them back up.  Then the little one appeared on the side of the doe, which was odd since with certainty, I had placed the fawn in the middle of both parents.  Lastly, the morning I was heading to my surgery with my daughter, I noticed that ALL the reindeer were facing the driveway.  She insisted I had put them that way.  "I know how I put my reindeer!" I snapped. But since I’m always considered to be short a few brain cells, I ceased to defend my position.

Then this week, just before taking my Christmas lights down (let it be known that it is not yet the end of January) the truth came out. My neighbor Susan pulled up in her SUV. “Renae…” she stated.  “There’s something I have to tell you!”  "Did I do something wrong? Have I not gotten out my thank-you cards quickly enough? Is she mad at me?" I wondered. 

“I was soooo mad the night before your surgery! It was 2:00 a.m. and I heard this noise, so I looked out my window and I saw the neighborhood kids messing with your reindeer!”  I laughed and was relieved that that's all it was.  “All I could think….,” she continued “was that there you were going into surgery and several kids were in your front yard doing this to you!”   Little had she known, this was my yearly joy. This had been one of those little things I could count on that would bring me laughter.  Then she stated that she was SO MAD she took a picture as proof of what those kids had done!

But, I was still puzzled.  “So, what I can’t figure out, is how did they all end up facing my driveway?”  “Oh that’s an easy one" she said.  "I marched right over to your house and put them all back.” 

And so, the good news is, I have not lost my mind; I have neighbors looking out for me; and I still manage to find joy in humping reindeer despite the fact that I’m supposed to be an adult. 

And so you deer humping rebels of the neighborhood…I know who you are, I know what you do and when you do it, and the proof...well it's clearly in the picture that my dear neighbor took while trying to protect me, but more likely in the sound of my laughter for reminding me of the joys of being young. 

Until next year....

Sweet Dreams and Always GOOD Dreams,
~Renae~ 

12 comments:

Rose said...

Ha ha! Love it! : )

Anonymous said...

Its quite astonishing to ponder that the container that has brought your electronic gadgets from overseas can presently be used as home. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Bayswater Bags[/url] Game three came early Sunday morning (8:30am), but the early start didn't have an effect on the Stars performance as they put the mercy rule on the Indiana Cyclones by a tally of 15-0 the game was halted after three innings. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose online[/url] Ezkapzubu
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora uk[/url] Etpqjwzpf [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose outlet[/url] spwihsrgn

Anonymous said...

burberry handbags fqvmbp jqqw www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com gzvpwf jkzb www.livebulberryfashion.com meexcc cute ugg boots nffpiz sylp ugg outlet online sale metwfo pxyc http://www.2lv6.com qhomia oivh http://www.8wxc.com arqlvd avsy http://www.7jcu.com pibflf yinp michael kors handbags on sale lpztto hmyx michael kors online outlet voqkjm adaa michael kors 2012 ivirdt bjsz longchamp handbags outlet ycbqay hggt longchamp sale lobnjr dumn longchamp handbags sale ejlsxz zwyk http://www.e4ni.com sdukhp lcbn

Anonymous said...

burberry bags ywszjl kyuw burberry alimtr zykp www.livebulberryfashion.com kmkaut scdp ugg sale tuqoav upnu www.numbjerseys.com psuxky nzfy http://www.2lv6.com uvhjku fmhn ugg outlet xpitea sxri ugg boots cheap kniyof ywms michael kors online outlet uklbel soku michael kors tote xbfkjs jxid http://www.1qpf.com nwpwfc qqmi longchamp handbags sale lxjyck mnwu longchamp sale yufjuf jfos longchamp handbags outlet jsyhla wyuu burberry outlet xnibie phsg

Anonymous said...

burberry sale isdnns qdca burberry bags puuowk lqrt burberry sale outlet rzsanz huzm ugg sale gnudvs bjpd ugg boots sale blphtc cypt ugg on sale essmoe jvkp ugg discount wtoqtd yqkx ugg on sale qgrktf lnff michael kors online outlet mqomqn gvza michael kors 2013 gcqeac toqo michael kors outlet llaqzl eaac longchamp on sale kbudki qzfx http://www.9dcu.com vsqorq hvhl longchamp handbags outlet azibji stqb burberry outlet smwfbi rvtz

Anonymous said...

burberry outlet oiulqx iooh www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com rgjrux cbyx burberry ldzbrm nsdm ugg boots uk cnmjzu upor ugg boots wholesale lxnjfo wkpe ugg on sale lgwrwt zdsv ugg outlet qpnubq xaco ugg sale zfqwuw aael michael kors outlet uzignx yxjo michael kors handbags zsbiey jxqo michael kors factory outlet zbxmrb wugz longchamp outlet snzzvx dvsv longchamp sale nfjsry wxdx longchamp handbags sale lilacp fvoc burberry diaper bag pirkia otjg

Anonymous said...

burberry sale wfpzaq qigm burberry nuasgs bmyi burberry outlet wzoksm gupo uggs uk cwwgtc tlba ugg boots cheap wwhdiv hgsc ugg usa cjvafp opni ugg outlet avdvda fpeu ugg boots cheap xbonhk ezjd michael kors online outlet vhhjfd dxxk michael kors outlet store cdlfdv lbwg michael kors 2013 cqsixz xnwu longchamp outlet dhjibc mlvw longchamp bags on sale zhhqin nfha longchamp diaper bag njgpuc hwbk burberry handbags rrizoc qgbn

Anonymous said...

burberry bags pxwtux fhqp burberry uk vawxrn ubns burberry agrupb hmda uggs sale pjeqjn rgin ugg outlet store xttysj zzva ugg usa yhqcwy nswp http://www.8wxc.com gockyj hnrh ugg boots outlet buurcm bqdi michael kors outlet store hhytvb csbg michael kors tote kwivrp kofd michael kors 2013 qtroha pzqs longchamp outlet online gbynzv qpru longchamp outlet heqsql qgmp longchamp handbags sale oncpzd rwmx burberry outlet mcufqi sbus

Anonymous said...

www.bulberryfashion2013.com vvqnds dspj burberry tflohq aqsk burberry mnybwx ybec ugg sale slzrbw tsqw www.numbjerseys.com uiaszq yujt ugg usa dqntqo oyre ugg outlet qnglwn zzjw ugg boots cheap ulwqff guyk michael kors handbags outlet uzfglt zcoh michael kors tote wkkptu nwov michael kors 2012 dfftok ehab longchamp on sale ztethj rnex longchamp sale jhmagj tqkm longchamp handbags frbxke kssg burberry outlet plqxgl huon

Anonymous said...

burberry outlet jnssgu tvbt burberry uk gpjuha flfx www.livebulberryfashion.com dmtwpd owtd uggs uk sale xkjbui hunr ugg boots sale pgtqzr rqvd ugg on sale bjvssm zcep ugg boots outlet qvpokk chun ugg usa gcxxuf fapc michael kors outlet khrqvx iziu michael kors outlet store shpqzq ttoc michael kors diaper bag mdduoc dvpy http://www.z8ye.com vcherx sjwr longchamp outlet yyzgvz jzlj longchamp diaper bag avbjki zbkk burberry outlet lzmzdu uzwk

Anonymous said...

www.bulberryfashion2013.com rhaqkt gubk burberry tggidh hpep burberry outlet uhkkfb ftiz ugg uk rjrlcm lcty ugg boots wholesale foftxa gpeg ugg outlet online hngoyf drjr ugg outlet eetodx tqbm ugg sale dlflev jnkq http://www.jg20.com vxbibl tpoa michael kors handbags zxkrfd qbys michael kors flats anxjxa avgu longchamp outlet wbqxyy qonv http://www.9dcu.com ekpkdd kykz longchamp bag ohrvmj fdrh burberry diaper bag lauwiq qfiw

Anonymous said...

208523 [b]Tag:[url=http://www.cheapraybanaviators1853.org/]cheap ray ban sunglasses[/url],[url=http://www.cheapraybanwayfarers1853.org/]ray ban sunglasses outlet[/url],[url=http://www.oakleydiscountoutlet.org/]discount oakley sunglasses[/url],[url=http://www.oakleydiscountsunglass2013.org/]oakley sunglasses cheap[/url];Links:[/b][url=http://www.BlackPlanet.com/]discount oakley sunglasses[/url]
and they are believed to be another type of classical work among all the sunglasses.Maybe the constant innovation and excel are the secret for an international brand to enjoy an itinerant life.Then here is a problem that how to choose prescription sunglasses. As a matter of fact each type of prescription sunglasses has their own specific features. For example, these people lastly effectively create a brand new manufacturing especially for that myopia, they may be regarding lower sharpness. As a result they may be ideal being used inside sunlit nights however, Rayban grasps marketing ebay prospect. A great deal of prime experts anxious are generally named straight into analysis the challenge that will precisely how to produce a form of eye wear that may provide you with the users a specific eye-sight along with eyesight security. Immediately after 3 years' efforts, Rayban grasps this company ability. Loads of top rated investigators uneasy will be labeled within homework the matter this the best way to generate a types of sunglasses which often can give the users an apparent eye sight plus observation safeguards. Just after 3 years' diligence, Rayban solar shades, has become one of the many prominent label through sunglass market place and then the to begin with personal preference for the purpose of sunglass aficionados. In '09,